Sunday, May 12, 2013

Our Mother's Day + Birthday Celebration 2013

Hello to all mums out there, how has your Mother's Day celebration been this year? We spent the morning at my daughter's school's sports day. Today is also my mum's birthday and Hubby suggested that I cook a nice meal for her (and the rest of the family) at home.

Birthday & Mother's Day cake


A simple 3-course menu of the things my mum likes eating


I came up with a simple 3-course menu, comprising of avocado, rocket and strawberry salad (recipe will be posted later this month), striploin steak with cheesy truffle mash, and butter cake with edible flowers. At the end of the meal, my mum told me that it was the best Western meal she has ever had! I feel delighted to have made her happy on her special day. Happy Birthday mum :)

Medium rare striploin steak - so tender and flavorful, served simply with fleur de sel. Cheesy truffle mash - my mum loves truffle oil and cheese, so I incorporated these into the mash, and it was really good! (For steak recipe please see here [Steps 1-3])

I told you she likes cheese. Steak with some blue cheese!

The steaks were served with a simple salad - this is one of current favorite salad (light and refreshing)



While shopping for groceries at Bangsar Village's Village Grocer, Hubby spotted this box of edible flowers! Been looking for them so immediately I grabbed the last box. I used it to dress up the rich and buttery marble cake from Les Deux Garcons. I frosted the cake with some Creme Chantilly and then topped it with edible flowers. Pretty, isn't it?

Edible flowers



A very pretty cake

This is the kind of flowers I like receiving on Mother's Day ;)



Ready for the birthday song!


If you enjoyed reading this post, LIKE me on Facebook! Thank you ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment