Monday, June 16, 2014

Recipe: Suon Nuong (Vietnamese Grilled Pork Ribs)

Today, I made another fantastic recipe from the Vietnamese Bible - Sườn nướng, also known as Vietnamese grilled pork ribs. 



For this recipe, I bought 10 pork rib bones to feed my family of 4. The ribs are marinated (preferably overnight) in a paste made from fresh ginger, garlic, chilli and coriander and seasoned with dark soy sauce, fish sauce and sugar. It is usually cooked on a charcoal barbecue, or hotplate, but you can also cook it in the oven, which is what I did. I first oven-roasted it for 30 minutes, then switched to grill mode so that the ribs are crispy and charred in places.



The ribs were tender and full of flavour - they're so delicious, and so easy to make. A huge hit with my family, I can foresee myself making this again real soon!

Finger-licking good!




Vietnamese grilled pork ribs (Sườn nướng)
Recipe by Baby Sumo, adapted from Vietnamese Bible
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 35-40 minutes
Serves 4


Ingredients
10 pork rib bones, about 1.5kg
2cm piece fresh ginger, peeled
3 cloves garlic, peeled
1 hot red chilli, deseeded
4-5 sprigs coriander
2 tbsp dark soy sauce
1 tbsp fish sauce
1 tbsp soft brown sugar
1 1/2 tbsp cooking oil
1/8 tsp salt

1. Place ginger, garlic, chilli and coriander in a food processor or spice grinder and grind to a paste. Mix with soy sauce, fish sauce, soft brown sugar, oil and salt. 

2. Spread over the pork ribs, cover and leave to marinate in fridge overnight, or at least 2 hours, turning occasionally.

3. Preheat oven to 180C (roast mode). Line baking tray with foil, then arrange ribs in a single layer. Place in preheated oven and cook for 30 minutes, then increase temperature to 200C and cook for a further 5-10 minutes, until cooked through and crisp on the surface and charred in places.

Note: You can also cook the ribs over a charcoal barbecue or hotplate or grill.




Suon Nuong

* I am submitting this post to Asian Food Fest- Indochina hosted by Kelly Siew Cooks and to "Cook-Your-Books #13" hosted by Joyce .


If you enjoyed reading my posts, LIKE me on Facebook! You can also follow me on Instagram (@babysumo) for more photo updates. Thanks :)

No comments:

Post a Comment